Background

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Happy 5th Birthday Abigail Elizabeth Hebert!

For Abbie's birthday I decided to get creative and crafty, along with thrifty. I had fabric that I had bought to make a clown costume for her last birthday, but ended up just renting one so I had $45.00 worth of cute fabric laying around.  I had no idea what to give her, but I knew I wanted something different, something to make her think of me when she saw it. 

After staring at the fabric for awhile, it reminded me of a cake mix that I love, "Confetti". Whenever I have the girls over, we usually bake cupcakes.......there was my inspiration!

I decided to make her an apron and toque! I added the cake mix, icing, cupcake cups and some fun icing gels. I also picked up a pair of orange flipflops at Hobby Lobby and added a pink flower for shoes to go with her new cooking apparel.








I really think she liked it!

1 comment:

Elaine said...

What a precious idea! I am sure she loved it! You are inspiring me to pull out the sewing machine and ask you for lessons. Great post!