Background

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Crafting in Texas

While dining out with my nieces in San Angelo, Mary Beth asked me what crafts I was working on.



I told her I hadn't been too creative lately, but that I was working on a "chickens and quilts" cross stitching.




She told me she had a project she was trying to get started, but wasn't sure how to go about it.  She had bought fabric to make a wall hanging for her children's room and she had questions about how to do applique.  I was excited to help out, so after supper, we headed to her house and pulled out the fabrics she had bought.

I was thrilled with the challenge and we began.  First, I looked at a picture of what she wanted and then I free handed the patterns for the two elephants.





After creating the pattern, I cut out the fabric and ironed some fusing to the back of the pieces.  Then I placed the pieces onto the background, ironed them in place and then stitched the edges with contrasting thread.



Next, I stretched the hanging over the frame Ben made. It was a little tricky getting it just right, but finally, it all came together.




I was really pleased with the outcome and I think Mary was, too!




1 comment:

JKW said...

I love the cross stitch roosters. Adorable. Thank you for sharing. Blessings, Janet